Selling iPhone...Need some help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noodle654, Jun 6, 2008.

1. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Hi...well the 3G iPhone will be coming out in a few days and I am selling my iPhone 8GB. Now, I have a backup phone ready to use but I need some help.

-How can I unlock my iPhone?
    -What do I do with the SIM card? Do I take it out and put it in my backup phone?
    -How can I fully erase my iPhone?

I am sure these questions have been asked...but I can't find them. Thanks

2. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

Answers...very easy!

1. Google: How to unlock an iphone, very easy!
    2. The old Sim card is dead, go to AT&T and they will activate new phone for free. Take it out before you sell it though, then, throw it away.
    3. To "erase" your phone, in iTunes, restore to original settings...this will erase all data on phone...then erase any call info or texting you got after that and before you took out the SIM...

3. eg2007 macrumors 6502

I just unlocked my 16gb and put it on Ebay. Deleted all the info. But before all that, I picked up one of those ATT Go Phones at Best Buy for $15 and popped my iPhone sim card in it. Works perfectly until the 3G is out.

4. noodle654 thread starter macrumors 68020

noodle654

Alright I am done. I took my SIM out and everything has been deleted. I have one last question. How do I know if I successfully unlocked my phone?