Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kory2112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Hey guys. I'm selling my iPhone 3G S on Craigslist and I put it up for $600 then changed it to $550 new in box and stuff. Well I was looking at a post on here that I saw through Google and the persons typing and word style were the same and it kinda scared me. She was going to send the money to him through USPS but this person that I am dealing with want's to do it through Paypal. And well it sounds too good to be true and everyone knows the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.". So I will put the emails in here and let me know what you think. Really need your help on this one!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me state that first off this is overseas and that's kinda scary and I should run away at this point, but I still want your input.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Her: Hello. Do you still want to sale this item ? Get back to me if is still available.
Thanks
Me: Yes it is. I'm even knocking the price down by $50 to $550 cash. Let me know if you want it still.
Her: Thanks for getting back to me..But am not in the country presently.......Am buying this item for my company agent located oversea....I will add $100.00 for the shipping cost......Making $700.00....... And i will made the payment through my PayPal account cos is very secure and easy to receive money.....Kindly send me your PayPal email so that i can send the payment
there ...
Thanks.
Get back to me immediately.
Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets stop for a second, why did she not accept the offer of me taking it down by $50 and respond to it like it was still going for $600?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Can you please send me the address so I can see what the shipping would be and we'll go from there.
Her: Thanks for your mail...

Here is the shipping address below:

Address: N0 20 ******** ****** U.I,
City: Ibadan.
State: Oyo State.
Zip Code: *****
+*3*8*6**0**85

Get back to me with your PayPal email for instant payment.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I edited out some of the info, sure you understand. Well guys thanks for listening and get back to me. Peace! <3 :apple:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Um... SCAM!

The best thing about selling on craigslist is that you can demand local sales only and cash only. Don't even bother responding to the scammer unless you want to waste your time and have some fun with him/her.

Just edit your listing to say "Local only, cash only, NO EXCEPTIONS!"

Oh, and you're lowballing your sale. $550 for a brand new iPhone 3G S? Too low, even for the 16GB.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I always tell them send me the money through western union and we are fine. funny I never hear back from them.

kory2112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
I always tell them send me the money through western union and we are fine. funny I never hear back from them.

Why do they never get back to you? I hear there are A LOT of screamers that run through western union...

kory2112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Oh, and you're lowballing your sale. $550 for a brand new iPhone 3G S? Too low, even for the 16GB.
I got it with a 2 year contract. So I am still making a good bit of money off it. I am also getting like no one wanting it though them so it's on eaby, wish me luck! haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.