Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
i just upgraded to 3g and am going to sell my original 16gb on ebay.

i have used the erase and wipe setting to completely clean the device (which took about 2 hours).

i then used pwnage to activate, jailbreak and unlock. tested it with an orange sim and all works fine.

do i need to do anything else in terms of wiping my accounts from it. i connected it to my itunes after pwnage just to make sure all was ok with the iphone so i assume it will have linked it to my itunes account at some point.

ParishYoung

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Bristol, South West UK
If you really want to be sure you can just use Pwnage again, this will put brand new software on it again, then when the iPhone powers on and you see the "EDIT HOME SCREEN" window you can eject from iTunes and not copy anything :)

I've just done my fourth unlock with 2.0 in this fashion for friends and family and not had any issues or comments about any of my data being on the device when they get them connected to their own PC's. Also I use a Mac (obviously) and they all use PC's.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
If you really want to be sure you can just use Pwnage again, this will put brand new software on it again, then when the iPhone powers on and you see the "EDIT HOME SCREEN" window you can eject from iTunes and not copy anything :)

will it not have already associated itself to my itunes account by that point, as itunes has already detected the iphone ?

if i leave it as it is, and the new owner connects it to their itunes, i assume it will just associate itself to theirs and forget about mine ?

i know there is no data on it at all, just can't be sure if the app store has already set itself up to use my itunes account or not.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK

I've just done my fourth unlock with 2.0 in this fashion for friends and family and not had any issues or comments about any of my data being on the device when they get them connected to their own PC's. Also I use a Mac (obviously) and they all use PC's.
that doesnt erase data

its fine chenks, as long as you did the wipe and it took hours, rather than minutes, and you pwnaged it, its fine

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
i've just had a quick look at it, and if i load the appstore, at the very bottom is says "Account : <username>", where <username> is my itunes account username.

same on the itunes wifi store.

what do i need to do to get my itunes account off the iphone ?

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
i've just had a quick look at it, and if i load the appstore, at the very bottom is says "Account : <username>", where <username> is my itunes account username.

same on the itunes wifi store.

what do i need to do to get my itunes account off the iphone ?
restore iphone using itunes, wipe all data in the settings app, restore again using your pwnage firmware

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
sorted.

just chose "reset all setting" from the reset menu and it has removed the itunes account info from the stores.

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
Make sure you require payment via paypal and DO NOT ship it to the auction winner until you receive and verify payment.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Next step: Forget ebay and just send it me. :p

if you're willing to pay the going rate on ebay you can have it !

Make sure you require payment via paypal and DO NOT ship it to the auction winner until you receive and verify payment.

yeah i have a very strict anti-scan policy that i use, and as i work for DHL i send it on signed courier delivery :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.