Selling iPhone questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by angemon89, May 11, 2009.

1. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Ok, I've been thinking about selling my iPhone 3G for about the past month and I think I'm gonna do it now that school for me is almost done (it's finals week!!). I didn't want to sell my iPhone before because my iPhone is a necessity at school. Now that it's almost summer, I can live without it for a while.

Anyway what I'm thinking of doing is putting my SIM card in a $30 Samsung PAYG phone (saw one at walmart the other day) and then removing the data plan. Will I run into any issues if I do this?

Also, I want to upgrade to the new iPhone whenever it comes out. Do you guys think I will run into any problems then? Will they be able to port my number and text plan over to the new iPhone, etc? If it matters, I'm not on a traditional iPhone text plan. I have a promotional plan that's 750 txts for like $8.

2. Tate macrumors member

Well I called today about dropping just the iPhone plan today and not canceling my contract. They said you can cancel the iPhone plan whenever you want with no penalties. The problem will lie when you try and get the new iphone when it comes out. You will either have to add a new line or pay a higher price for it, if thats what there goin to do with the new iphone. No one knows yet.
    Me its goin to be easy for me, I'm goin to add a 4th line for my daughter and then cancel the iphone plan after 30 days then my wife gets the new iPhone. But i'm still arguing with her on who will get it. But i'm sure she will win, she always does. LOL!!

Hope this helps some.

3. angemon89 thread starter macrumors 68000

angemon89

But I'm not trying to cancel my iPhone plan... just the data plan.

Aww screw it I'm just gonna keep the iPhone. It'll make life easier and my brain hurt less if I just keep it and buy the new iPhone with my old one in hand at the Apple store.

The only reason I want to sell it is because I can get a pretty good amount for it right now. But meh, I'm beginning to think it isn't worth all the hassle.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I'm sure he was talking about the data plan when he said iPhone plan, consider those synonomous.