Selling iPhone - Will apps remain on the phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crispy15, Jun 17, 2009.

1. crispy15 macrumors newbie

Hi I am currently selling my iPhone to a family friend. I was wondering whether the apps that I have purchased and installed on the phone will they still work and be able to be used once he has connected the phone to his computer?

Thanks in advance!...

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

I'd say "search" but I can understand it may be hard to sift through all the "OMG asDASGSA 3.0 isssue" threads..

I would do a restore and wipe the phone before you sell it. It will make sure that phone is back to almost factory condition.

Unless you want them to be able to access your apps. I would still wipe it. You can also just pop into settings->general->reset and do a reset all settings and content which will delete all music and videos / reset everything and start fresh.

3. crispy15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I would like him to able to access my apps as they would be very useful to him? So is there any chance that the apps will remain on the phone once it has been connected to his computer...

4. mrbrown macrumors 6502

iTunes lets you access & install apps on up to 5 devices (just like music purchased from the store). If you want your friend to be able to continue to use the apps that you've installed on your phone, you'd need to copy those files to the guy's computer, and authorize the computer.

Of course, this will count as one of your devices, which is something you might not want. :p

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Well if he syncs it to his itunes account no the apps will be erased.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Once you authorize his computer his buddy can download any app he wants and also music, movies etc.. thru itunes and rack up his account.
    Not a good idea at all.
    If he lets him keep the apps Im not sure if he'd be able to sync with his library and if he does they'd probably get lost.