Selling iPhone with "receipt"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trueimage, Sep 19, 2014.

1. trueimage macrumors newbie

I ordered two phones, a 6 and 6 plus, and once I decide which to keep I will sell the other. (both are still sealed - going to go test the demo units at the Apple store)

My question is how do I provide a receipt? I ordered from Apple and they emailed me an invoice which has my home and work address and phone numbers as well as the last 4 digits of my credit card. Is this what people are providing as a receipt when reselling?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

That's usually the receipt Apple gives online. The paper receipt in-store is just like any other receipt from a store. Though, it sometimes includes your AppleID if you provide it to them.

Just remove/block it out.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Why not just black out that stuff?

4. trueimage thread starter macrumors newbie

I will do that as long as it won't be a problem for the person buying. Not 100% sure what they need the receipt for anyway? proof of purchase for warranty/applecare or something?

5. Epiphron macrumors regular

They want to make sure it's not stolen. Also applecare

6. trueimage thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, just going to paste it into Word, black it out and print it

7. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Are your phones Verizon? Are you sure the sim isn't somehow tied to your account? The reason I ask is because I plan on doing the exact same thing. I purchased mine full retail price (sold my 5s a couple of weeks ago to help) and I just don't want the sealed phone that's sold to somehow still be linked to my Verizon account.

8. trueimage thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine are just unlocked from Apple directly, not tied to any carrier. My phone is a work phone so I'm just swapping sim cards