Selling iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by achie25, Sep 16, 2008.

1. achie25 macrumors 6502

We have our 3rd child on the way and my sife wants to go to part time in the spring so we need to cut some of the fat.

With that said we both have iPhones (as of July) and we are going to sell 1 if not both of them. I know we are going to get hit with the termination fee (stupid tax) but we will save more in the long run.

My questions are:
    1. How do I sell it since people have to activate it in store?
    2. How do I clear all my info from it?
    3. Ball park on what I could sell the black 16g and the black 8g for?

2. achie25 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Inukami macrumors 6502

3g iPhone right? It can be activated by iTunes and to reset it's somewhere in option/general/reset everything. As for the price $550 and $450 you can always check eBay. Also before you sell take out the sim card.

4. rsk137 macrumors member

When you do sell it, make sure you eject your SIM card from the device. To do so, get your iPhone box and grab the SIM ejector out of it. There is a small hole on the top of the phone near the headphone jack that you press the fancy paperclip in. That pops the SIM card out.
    :)

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

they're selling on ebay for much more than "what they paid for them" which was probably $200 and $300... looks like they're going for over $400 and $500... up to about $800 if you unlock it.

6. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

$400..... if u jailbreak u can easily add another 100 or even 200

7. rsk137 macrumors member

I was saying the "you can get what you paid for" assuming it's not JB or unlocked. Plus, I didn't put a limit on how much he could get, just saying that he can get at least what he paid easily.

8. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Trimmiing the fat

Try calling AT&T's Customer Care and see if you can drop the data, or if whom ever you work for has company discounts.

eBay will bring you more money, you can put your phones here on the marketplace also. I sold my 1st Gen on Craigslist , it was gone in 4 hours if you are accepting PayPal remember to pad the price so that you compensate for there 3% cut or whatever it is.

I'd predict your going to see allot more iPhones go on sale once AT&T release's the new PDA's this fall that are in the lineup I know my local rep is carrying a new Moto Q right now that is coming out next month.

Best of Luck too you