Selling iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Aug 6, 2016.

1. tl01 macrumors 68000

We have an iPhone 6 and a 5s to sell...what is the popular safest selling place now a days? Thank you!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've always sold them on Craigslist and met in coffee shops to do the transaction.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I like Craig's List. No fees and meet someone in a public place.

No more eBay and PayPal for me.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I live near an Apple Store and I've always offered to meet at the store, or in the mall of said store. I've had s person ask if they could go in the stir (with me) and confirm serials and all that with an apple employee. I was happy to oblige and so was the Apple employee.

The more transparent you are in your posting on where you will meet, I find, the less BS offers you get, too.

I haven't sold s phone since the 5s, so it's been about two years, but I can't imagine much has changed. I do find that after the new phone release the market becomes so saturated now that I stand to make something like $50 over just trading the phone in to Apple or a carrier.that said apparently trade values have come down this year so that may have changed some.

5. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I used to use Craigslist all the time. Now, I'm 100% Swappa!

6. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Swappa. Looking to purchase a 6s Plus from there now. Purchased a Moto 360v2 and it was seamless. Now I'm looking to sell my 360v2 using there.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Craigslist and meet at a safe location or at your local PD if they have an Internet purchases area in there.
    Or swappa is very good and easy too.

8. Lockon macrumors regular

Swappa. Have had great success there. There's a $10 seller fee, 3% paypal fee for accepting the buyers payment, and then shipping costs.

You'd make more profit selling on Craigslist, but I dont want to have to meet someone in public. It's not worth my time.

9. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I've gone so far as to put the formula together in Excel where I enter what I want to pocket on the sale and it gives me the sell price accounting for Swappa's feed and PayPal's.

10. Connor163 macrumors member

I've never had any luck on swappa, but I've sold two phone's successfully on Amazon and quite a few on Craigslist. You do have to pay fees on Amazon, but phones seem to go for more on Amazon than any other method (Ebay, Craigslist, Swappa) Craigslist offers more convenience and the process is much faster. The best way I've found is to post on multiple places and see what sells first!

11. comptr macrumors 65816

I would say Craigslist or Offer UP. I just sold a iPhone 6 Plus 128gb, Carrier Verizon for 480.00.

12. Alexrat1996 Suspended

i've used craiglist to sell lots of stuff including old guitars

13. noobinator macrumors 601

In order of preference:

1. People I know. Safest, quickest, no fees.
    2. Swappa. Safe, relatively easy.
    3. Craigslist. No fees but be smart about who and where you meet.