Selling Jailbroken 3gs.....Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JD08DMAX, Jul 6, 2010.

1. JD08DMAX macrumors member

Hello,
    This has been in several threads but I'm not quite clear on my specific case...
    I have a 3gs jailbroken with blackra1n on 3.1.2 (7d11). I want to keep it jailbroken but with out all of my personal data on it. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks so much for any help!!

Jim

2. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

what i did is, i created a new itunes acct on another computer and synced it with that one.. which erases everything and then i download it an app to erase all contacts and that was it..

easiest way to do it.. took me about 10 mins (including to download itunes on the other computer)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats an option also if you dont want to mess with restoring, JB and unlocking again.
    Just sync to another itunes library so everything is gone and then launch Cydia and search for ‘Erase Contacts’.
    That app will delete them all with 1 click.

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Only problem with doing this is the person who you sell it to could easily recover any deleted information form the device, pics, texts, emails, etc. I always recommend people Erase All Content and Settings and rejailbreak/unlock. :)

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True but not many know how to do that or would even care about your prior texts or pics. They would assume it's restored.