Selling jailbroken/unlocked phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JamesLJ, Feb 7, 2011.

1. JamesLJ macrumors newbie

JamesLJ

Hey all. Long time no see! A few questions:

1. I recently bought a new iPhone 4. I'd like to sell my 3G S on ebay, so I've jailbroken and unlocked it. My question, though, is that if someone buys my phone, won't the have to restore it in order to get it to work with their SIM card? Is it enough just to jailbreak and unlock it and then put it on the market, or is there something else I should do?

2. I jailbroke my new phone with greenp0ison. Now the Apple splash screen turns into a skull when I boot the phone. I don't like it. Is there any way to change that back to the original Apple logo? (Or, more appealing, to the old colorful Apple logo or my own image of choosing...)

3. The space bar on my iPhone's keyboard is being all janky since I jailbroke. Has anyone else experienced this? Know of a fix?

Thanks for whatever help you can give!

2. jackryan57 macrumors regular

I can only answer #1 - I sold a 3Gs in the past, jailbroken and unlocked. All the dude did was pop in his tmobile sim and the phone worked and I got 200 bucks :)

3. pault106 macrumors member

go to /usr/bin and delete 'animate'

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I'm guessing you don't have your SHSH blobs. If you do, there are ways to wipe your phone and keep the unlock.
    Since you probably don't, you'll need to delete your personal info off manually.
    Whatever you do, don't hit erase all in your phone. It puts you in recovery. You'll lose your jb and unlock--unless you have your blobs.

5. JamesLJ thread starter macrumors newbie

JamesLJ

Great! Thanks for your help. I already deleted all my personal info from the phone before I jailbroke it. No worries there. Used PhoneView to delete usr\bin\animate. Now if only someone knew what to do about the pesky spacebar I'd be 3 for 3 in less than 8 hours! You guys rock.