Selling Macbook 13" Unibody

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mak7134, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mak7134 macrumors newbie

Hey!

I have a quick question.

I would like to sell my macbook 13". Have put out ads on Craig's list but haven't found any serious buyers and have been spammed a lot.

My question is that, is there anyway I can sell it to a serious buyer here in the forums? Am I allowed to make a post about it on the MacRumors Forums?

Thanks
    Mak

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You need to have 500 posts and be a member for 6 months to view the marketplace area.

3. mak7134 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

I thought it was 250?

5. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Yes, 250 posts / 6 months on MR.

6. hldomster macrumors member

I just sold mine on ebay for £750 at auction. Was a little bit disappointed, thought I could have gotten £850, considering it has AppleCare and 4GB RAM, but before the auction I said that the lowest I'd be happy with was £750, and that's what I got.

7. virilep macrumors member

I sold mine over C-list.... took me a little bit... but you can do it.

8. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

It sure does. I put my iPhone 3G and 2.4 GHz MacBook on Craig's List. Out of two weeks I got 4 "serious" buyers. They were full on wanting the iPhone until a day or so before. It's like they chickened out and fell off the face of the earth. I can't blame them though; I really don't trust them. For every 1 "serious" buyer there are about 4 more scammers. That's retarded. But, I sold my MacBook yesterday to an architect. Only chatted with him for 2 days. He came with his sister, met me on campus, and gave me $900 cash. All in all I call it a great deal. They're going for $800-1100. :D Now I have to wait a week to get paid before I can Time Machine recover my data on a new MBP and sync my new iPhone. :rolleyes: