Selling macbook how do i make it start like new

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by leona, Jan 20, 2010.

1. leona macrumors newbie

Selling my Macbook and want it to start up like it was brand new. Can someone give me step by step on how to do this? I know you have to reformat somehow with the install discs. However, once the install is done can I simply turn the computer off once the registration screen appears and expect it to appear again once the computer is turned on again?

2. hackia macrumors newbie

hmmm

Boot from your install disks. Make sure you have everything you want off of it. From here, open the disk utility. You can find this in the top bar. It will take a few seconds to open up, this is ok. From the bar on the left select the drive you wish to erase. Then in the main area, There is a bar with some options, choose the second one. Then from here choose the secure erase option. If you are crazy about secure information, choose 35 pass, otherwise just 0 out all data will be sufficient. Once it is finished, quit out of the utility, and start the install.
    Good luck and I hope you get a good deal on your mac book!

as for the registration screen, unsure, i would open it up and close at registration screen reopen and see if it shows up!

if so i bet it would show up again..

good luck

3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

And be prepared to wait until sometime in the next decade for it to finish (or a few days :) ).