Selling MacBook, is my data save?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eemsTV, Apr 12, 2011.

1. eemsTV macrumors member

eemsTV

I'm selling my old MacBook 2007 (aww) and getting a new MBP 2011 (YAY!) Well I want to know if my data is save, this is a little easy because I just replaced my old hard drive with a brand new one. But data from websites, like passwords and stuff, are they save or should I change them once the computer is out of my hands? I haven't saved any passwords on keychains or anything.

In the mean time of selling it I need do to do some projects on Photoshop. If I just delete Photoshop and the files I make, is that sufficient? Thanks for you help guys!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. simsaladimbamba

4. eemsTV thread starter macrumors member

eemsTV

5. makingmusic macrumors regular

After formatting and installing the OS, is there any way to install iLife without setting up a User Account?

6. Sirolway macrumors 6502

I figure if you sell on your Mac you should probably hand on the box, disks & anything else that came with it that you no longer need.

The original disks will have the old version of iLife that came with the Mac

7. makingmusic macrumors regular

I am giving the disks but a family is buying as their first Mac and I want them to have the new Mac experience! However, when reinstalling OS, iLife isn't automatically installed!