Price Advice Selling MacBook Pro (help/suggestions)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by redrum201, Jul 13, 2012.

1. redrum201 macrumors newbie

Okay don't flame, but I'm considering selling my '10 MacBook Pro to build a powerful PC. I have had this macbook for almost 3 years now, and I love it. I think it's time for a change.

First of all I wanted to know, what can a 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gb MacBook Pro go for if I were to sell it? What would you guys buy it for. I need suggestions because I'm not sure what a good price is. It's in good condition, runs like new. Only problem is that the magnets that keep the lid closed is kind of defective. It fell of my bed and sometimes it wont stay completely shut. You have to close it fast for it to stick. Other than that, it runs well and looks good.

I have the 15' bought it for 1,700 back in '10 I believe.

I'm off to work, thank you guys in advance :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

If I'm not mistaken, this is the model before Apple introduced higher color gamut.

For reference, I purchased my machine (see sig) in mint condition for $900 CDN.