Selling MacBook Pro Retina for an Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applefanboy5, Jun 25, 2013.

1. applefanboy5 macrumors member

I will be selling my machine to a stranger so i logged out of my Apple account and deleted all saved passwords on my Macbook is there a way i can restore it like an iPhone so i can make sure everything is deleted?

2. outphase macrumors 65816

Hold Cmd+R while booting up the computer. Go into Disk Utility and Erase or Partition the SSD. Then install Mac OSX onto the SSD.

3. applefanboy5 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply so after i press Erase Partition on the SSD will it give me the option to download mac osx and download it?

4. outphase macrumors 65816

Yes, just go back to the main menu of the recovery boot and select install.

5. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I guess one could do one of two things:

1) As soon as OS X is installed and starts asking for login info for the new user press command-Q and shut down the computer. Then when the next owner gets the computer it will be as though it was brand new from Apple. The only drawback is that the usually installed iLife (or iWork) will not be included.

2) Enter a temporary user account and install iLife and/or iWork. Then instruct the new user to create his/her own user account and delete the one created to install OS X.

Is there another way?

6. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

Your next thread: Can't stand Air screen. I'm getting back to Retina. Haswell or current?

7. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Thats what happened to me.haha