Selling Macbook Retina 2013?? Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ~Achilles~, Jul 28, 2014.

1. ~Achilles~ macrumors member

Not sure if there are rules against this on this forum. But I wondered if someone could guide me in the right direction (cant find a for sale thread).

Details:

Macbook Pro Retina (early 2013)
    256/8/i5

Purchased around August 2013 and has applecare until 2016 I believe.

Condition is FLAWLESS, as in.. as new. There isnt a mark, scratch, dent, or anything on it, even the plastic feet are in new practically unmarked condition. its been handled like it was my own baby child since I purchased it as I saved for a long time for it. Ive NEVER kept liquids or anything near it. I even ensure its not moved into environments that would fluctuate temperature much and cause condensation. Constantly kept in a booq case when not in use. Never used any chemicals or anything to clean it. I just keep it clean and have always washed my hands thoroughly before touching it (yes really). Basically the closest thing to a brand new MBP as a used one can get.

I tested 3 in store for IR before buying this one (it passed IR tests). Absolutely zero image retention issues since purchase.

Its extremely difficult for me to even consider selling this as I went through a lot of trouble and 3 other MBP's in store before finding the perfect one. But I really could use the money right now and I'd like to perhaps buy an iPad Air and a new camera (I broke mine).

I'll really mostly be using the ipad for browsing, watching vids, music, and editing photos while on downtime in work. Im hoping it will suffice and I dont need the MBP.

What are your thoughts? What price would you offer?

Im based in South Wales, UK fyi.

Apologies for the lengthy thread. Just pondering at the moment, I know a lump of money would really help for the coming months.

----------

Also to be honest. I'll be probably looking at buying an 11" MBair when ive saved up enough again. Though the 13" retina is absolutely fantastic. I find its been a bit of hard work for me as Im so paranoid. I'd like to streamline my work/life to be able to just grab something like an ipad/11" and go, rather than constantly having to baby something all the time.

2. Devie macrumors 6502a

If I where you I'd just keep with it. You seem to want to keep it... unless you got a loan for it and struggling with repayments.

if you're really serious check ebay and other selling sites to see what they're going for in your country, otherwise I'll give you $200.

3. runningtowin macrumors member

I just sold the identical computer. Put it on Amazon, got 1350 which I thought was more than fair. Reddit had told me it was worth around $1100, but they generally seem to undervalue Apple rigs.

Edit: Mine was also, truly, pristine. I'd had it a month before I knew I needed the 15"

4. SarcasticJoe macrumors 6502a

SarcasticJoe

There are websites like Mac2Sell that do the price estimations for you. However the person who runs the side for Finland (from Finland myself so I can't talk about anything except their estimates for Finland) tends to overvalue machines and especially ones with SSD's.

Here in we have a saying here in Finland that rougly translates to "It's not dumb to ask a high price, it's dumb to pay a high price" so I'd recommend overpricing it a tad and then if nobody takes the bait coming down with the price.