Selling MB rev2 for MB SR

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by odagled, Dec 12, 2007.

1. odagled macrumors member

The question...Should I or shouldnt I? MB 1.83ghz, 2GB Ram. Bought in Feb 07.

2. amrk47 macrumors regular

you will definitely notice a big improvement in speed

its all up to you

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

no he won't.

if you're doing normal tasks, you won't notice a difference at all.
    the only difference you would notice would be like 10% faster times encoding video or rendering ****.

4. amrk47 macrumors regular

from a 1.83 core duo to a 2.2 core 2 duo
    yes he will notice a difference in everything, booting up, apps loading, everything

I noticed a difference between from a 1.8 core duo to a 2.0 core 2 duo
    not a huge difference though

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Listen to this guy. You really won't notice the difference unless you're constantly overstressing your MB, and if you were, you'd already have the benchmarks in hand to know how little of a difference it would make. Save your money and enjoy your Mac, instead of craving for the absolute newest technology. Otherwise, you're going to be making this thread again in six months right after the May '08 updates come to the MB. When's it going to be enough?

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Define "big". ;)

Normal stuff (surfing the net, MS Word, Excel, typical photo editing stuff) = no difference

Photoshop = almost no difference.

Encoding of some sort = a bit of difference, maybe 15%. Sounds great, but in real terms, expressing the time savings in terms of time rather than percentage, you probably won't save much time unless your files are huge and you do this often.

Work in 3D, or play video games = you'll definitely notice a difference.

I went from a 1.83 GHz Core Duo to a 2.0 GHz C2D, and I notice a bit of a difference, but it's small. The only reason I got the newer system is because my 1st gen MacBook was a lemon, and Apple replaced it for free. Otherwise, I wouldn't have replaced it.

7. odagled thread starter macrumors member

Hmm well it looks like I'm gonna buy another macbook. Its a christmas gift for my brother...I might just switch mines with his with him being any the wiser...:cool: