Selling my 2.4 unibody Macbook, need some advice!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by willjax, May 11, 2009.

1. willjax macrumors member

Hi everyone

Well I am at a bit of a cross road at the moment.

I produce music and have recently built a new PC which has turned out really well and its running great and I've found myself using it a lot more than I'm using my macbook.

Basically, I've gotten to the point where I no longer need such an expensive laptop, when i bought my macbook it was just shy of AUD$2,500.

I want to sell my macbook and get a cheaper laptop and maybe a smaller one (to take to university with me etc), either a Lenovo U110 / S10 or a 13inch Dell XPS. This are considerably cheaper than the macbook and are higher spec'd (the xps is anyway)

I know most of you will tell me not to sell my macbook cos it ***** on windows (which i agree with to an extent) etc but i just dont need it anymore and would appreciate some advice on what i should get once i sell my macbook.

For anyone interested, my PC is running a quad-core processor, Nvidia GTX 260, has a Western Digital 1TB HDD and a 2nd western digital 250gb HDD and a gigabyte motherboard

Cheers

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...wait to see what :apple: is working on it 10" or 12" form factor...

What type's of programs do you need to run on the portable machine?

3. willjax thread starter macrumors member

yeah ive thought about waiting but i know that they are still going to be expensive and lower spec'd than what i can get a lenovo or dell for.

Dont need to run anything important on the portable, i have everything on the pc now.

Mostly just word, emails, browser etc, probably wont even run itunes on it or anything as i would like to keep my music on my pc in one location

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Then if you have made up your mind, I would simply sell the macbook and get one of said machines. You seem pretty set in your mind set and decision.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...netbooks are cheap ways to stay "connected", I've been really happy with the eeePC in my sig...if I drop it, it would probably be cheaper to get a new one than try and repair the damage...that's why I don't mind carrying it around at work...

6. willjax thread starter macrumors member

yeah i guess so, i just wanted some more people to help me along the way! I do love my macbook but...