selling my 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neilp4453, Jul 5, 2009.

1. neilp4453 macrumors regular

Since I just got the 3gs..my 3g is collecting dust.

I did a quick glance over ebay and it seems they go lower than selling local?

What did other people do with their respective 3g iphones?

Also, would it be wise to jailbreak and unlock the phone and sell it like that on ebay? I see those go for more...or should I keep it stock?

2. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Definitily jailbreak and unlock. Take lots of pictures close up and be specific about it's condition in the listing. I put my 3g on eBay, it was a replacement phone that was about 6 months old. I also put it on craigs list. I listed it for $350 and could have sold the phone 6 times over. It sold on craigs list in less than 12 hours. On eBay it had a bid within a few hours but there wasn't much activity after that.

Craigs list is nice cause there's no extra bs. Someone picks up ur phone, u get cash on the spot, and it's a done deal. After tax u can usually make money on upgrading ur device. The 3GS is a fantastic device, but it's even sweeter when u paid for it, and then some, by selling ur used 3G :)

Be reasonable in ur asking price and it'll b gone in no time

good luck.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

I sold mine on the bay the week of 3gs and got $350 for it. I think that was a good price.... I know they are selling for poo on the bay now. Get what you can and enjoy.

4. Mac-Lady macrumors member

Put mine on eBay with my Jawbone 2 headset and got $495 two weeks ago. I was very happy. Just be honest with you description and take good pictures. I always use Buy it now with immediate payment and it works out good. Mine was not unlocked or JB.