Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
64 gb white Verizon iPad in pretty good condition, normal wear and tear, but nothing noticeable.

Apple keyboard and orange smart cover, applecare plus...

I'm thinking $899.99... fair?

$750 for the iPad... $50 for the keyboard... $100 for the AppleCare+ with a free smartcover.

I think I'm going to sell it on eBay instead of Amazon because of the bundle aspect.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this is a VERY expensive device and I don't want to get scammed and I want to be protected from getting scammed.

If I get scammed, eBay always sides with the buyers.
I will be devastated if I get pulled a fast one.

What should I do insurance wise? I want to be smart before I do this.
Any tips?

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
64 gb white Verizon iPad in pretty good condition, normal wear and tear, but nothing noticeable.

Apple keyboard and orange smart cover, applecare plus...

I'm thinking $899.99... fair?

$750 for the iPad... $50 for the keyboard... $100 for the AppleCare+ with a free smartcover.

I think I'm going to sell it on eBay instead of Amazon because of the bundle aspect.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this is a VERY expensive device and I don't want to get scammed and I want to be protected from getting scammed.

If I get scammed, eBay always sides with the buyers.
I will be devastated if I get pulled a fast one.

What should I do insurance wise? I want to be smart before I do this.
Any tips?

Advertise locally, for example in the UK I always use Gumtree and while you do get some chancers offering silly low money, you do get genuine people. I posted about my iPhone 4 sale in another thread, which went very well via Gumtree.

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Advertise locally, for example in the UK I always use Gumtree and while you do get some chancers offering silly low money, you do get genuine people. I posted about my iPhone 4 sale in another thread, which went very well via Gumtree.

Eh IDK about Craigslist. Seems fishy.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK

Found my post which I mentioned above, which shows how I went about ensuring a smooth sale via Gumtree, which is a similar local, online classifieds here in the UK.

"I sold my iPhone 4, 16GB, black which I'd had since January 2011. It was bought from the Apple Store in Buchanan Street, Glasgow so was factory unlocked.

It was listed on Gumtree for £280, and while I did get a few scammers (requests to send to Nigeria), after two days I was contacted by a gentleman who was genuinely interested. He asked a lot of questions, rightly so, and he agreed to take the phone as the ad pics showed it boxed and in mint condition.

To sweeten the deal, I made a Genius Bar appt so they could verify that the phone was a genuine factory unlock and so that he could test the phone and it's functionality in a safe and legit environment.

The Genius appt went well and he was delighted with the condition of the phone, accessories, and packaging. I got £270 for my iPhone 4, and got a 4S for free on O2 at £36pm with unlimited x-net mins & texts, and 1GB of 3G.

So I got a new 4S for free, a great value tariff, and £270 in my pocket.

Sorted".

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota

Just meet up with them in a popular area where there are lots of people around, bring a few friends with. State that they give the cash first and then you hand them the iPad for them to inspect. Nothing hard about it.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
Craigslist> eBay! I use the list regularly & aside from low ball offers have never had a problem. Buyer & seller meet, buyer verifies the hardware is working & inspects all paperwork and/ software included, hands over cash money, both parties leave happy

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
You're asking for too much. CL buyers don't care about accessories.

Buyers on CL care just as much about accesories as an amazon or eBay buyer. If they're looking for a smart cover + keyboard + apple care, they'd be just as well buying the whole set for $899 than buying them seperately for $950

899 is a fair price, just don't expect to get a boat load of offers.

xdbuix

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Virginia
CL isnt a bad option. What I usually do is go to my walmart. I stand right in front of the cameras inside the main entrance and do it right there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.