Selling my CS2 suite

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by irishgrizzly, Jan 13, 2008.

1. irishgrizzly
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

I've been offered a copy of CS3 in work so I can work on the weekends from home. I already have a copy of CS2. If I sell this is there anything I have to do?

1. Do I have to ring adobe to let them know?

2. The person who buys it from me – can they enter there name when installing or do they have to put mine in (does this make a difference once the reg key is the same?

Thanks

2. r.j.s
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Just follow the instructions to deactivate it and you should be fine, they should not have any problems reactivating and registering after you deactivate it.

3. mediaguru
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Adobe requires that you first contact them to set up a "case number," and you will have to fill out a transfer form. After that, the new owner will be licensed under his own name.

See this Adobe support page for more information.

4. r.j.s
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's really that in-depth? Here I've just deactivated it on one computer and then reactivated it on another, but I guess since it was in the same office and licensed to the same person ...

5. mediaguru
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Well, knowing Adobe, Yes. :rolleyes:

I've used the transfer form before without obtaining a case number. However, the process took a LONG time, apparently because I missed that step.