Selling my Dell for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Goohfy, May 12, 2011.

1. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Hey guys, I was just in need of some guidance on how to go about making a couple hundred extra bucks for the MBP I will be purchasing, that will keep me from windows forever. I own a Dell Inspiron 1545 Core 2 duo. I find it on eBay for about 150 for parts , but mine is still working. I wan to sell it for around 250-300 but not sure if it will happen, plus the fact that time is not on my side and I need to sell it soon or else it will lose more value. What is your opinionon how I should go about doing this and how it will turn out for me. Not too mention the fact that I still have the box, CDs and it's a sky blue case instead of the standard black. Help me out guys, thanks.

2. LewisHughes macrumors newbie

Advice:

I had a Dell XPS M1530 and tried doing as you did, however, I was confronted by failure as most people I spoke to considered them a 'failing brand' in today's main stream, for reasons I don't fully understand for other than ranking in many tables. I suggest that you Google "Sell my laptop for cash" as the fastest and best result or else you shall be waiting for someone to buy it from either eBay or Amazon (feel free to try it though). As for me, I just gave it to a friend and saved for mine, a second hand laptop made by Dell won't fetch that of 200 - 300 as a up to date decent Windows laptop costs that, sorry, my friend.

3. hsj2011 macrumors regular

I'm actually in a very similar situation to you. I've got a Dell Latitude D6400 that I am going to be selling soon. In my opinion, the spec is very high (being a 2.8GHz C2D CPU, 4GB DDR2, 640GB HDD, nVidia Graphics, hi-res LED Screen, 2 years warranty, Windows 7 Ultimate COA), but people don't seem to want to pay for it.

I'm aiming for a 2nd hand, non-unibody MBP (seen a 2.4GHz, 4GB version for £500 with a few other bits and pieces chucked in) but the truth is, I probably won't get anything near that for my machine. Windows systems just don't hold their value. Simple.

Particularly if you're selling on ebay, take as many photo's as you can of everything from every angle of the laptop to the box, cd's, etc. Host them on a site like imageshack.us and put the links to them in the ebay description so you don't have to pay eBay for each photo.

Good luck with the sale and hope you get your MBP soon :)

4. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Same. I'm thinking about selling a Dell Studio 1735 that I rarely use.