Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FurryFoxMacuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Well, I'm selling my iMac 21.5" that I just bought in October. It's not something I really want to do, but I am need of a car. Just a little more important right now. So, I was wondering, how much do you guys think it might be worth? Here are the specs of the machine:

2.5Ghz intel core i5 quad core
4GB of RAM
500GB HDD
Currently running Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion

I have it on craigslist right now for $1100 OBO. I think the lowest I can take for it is $900. Am I asking a reasonable price? I also have the original box and packaging and receipt for it. So with all that how much should I be asking for it? Thanks.

-Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Am I asking a reasonable price? I also have the original box and packaging and receipt for it. So with all that how much should I be asking for it? Thanks.

-Dan

You might get $1100 in a state with higher sales tax. For current generations, I usually go off the refurb store pricing if it's somewhat new. Many of the refurbs are just returns that have been checked, but they can't sell them as new again.

Right now there is one in the refurb store at $999. I think you can get at least that for it assuming you find an interested buyer. I don't think you'd have to drop to $900 at all. The only issue you'd have selling it assuming like new condition would be finding a buyer if you are outside of a major city.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.