Selling my iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mrmarts, May 26, 2013.

  1. mrmarts macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    Location:
    Melbourne Australia
    #1
    Hey guys

    I'am finally selling my late 2009 imac for $1,300.00 Australian dollars it seems like a good price to pass. However based on the rumours that this years model will not get the graphic bumps etc, I am hesitant to buy a iMac atm not to suffer buyers remorse. I currently own a 2012 retina macbook which is still fairly new, and should get me through until the 2014 model comes in should i wait!.

    Or if i decide to buy now would the default 3.2ghz i5 processor on the flagship model be good enough for gaming, surfing the net, iTunes movies etc, or is the i7 a better processor, I currently use an older 2.8ghz i7. Another question is it worth investing into 32gb of ram or would it be better to get 16gb, with a 2gb graphics and 3TB fusion drive.
     
  2. Bear macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Sol III - Terra
    #2
    For gaming, get the 680MX w/2GB and a fusion drive. Get the system with 8GB from Apple and buy the memory from a third party (unless third party memory prices in Australia is overly inflated you can usually save a few hundred dollars).

    As for the processor, you probably won't notice the difference between the i5 and the i7 for what you are using the system for. However, this could change in the future as newer games get more complex. If you're planning on not keeping the machine very long, the processor doesn't matter, if you're going to keep it for a few years, then the i7 becomes an option to really consider.

    However to buy now or to wait is your call. No one has a clue when the next iMac revision will appear. The next iMac revision will have better graphics, but the question is, how much better?

    And if I could get that much for my 2009 iMac, I would probably sell it and buy a new iMac right now.
     
  3. mrmarts thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    Location:
    Melbourne Australia
    #3
    Thanks for the feedback bear its my call on what to do now, realistically I am a desktop person so i can probably get by with macbook retina for heavy use until the next iteration of iMacs with seemingly better graphic performance. But than again the current options are tempting, I do not really care for ac wi fi as nothing in my house uses it even the new wii u and playstation 4 still use older wi fi specs, plus the cost of changing my time capsule which i just purchased recently.

    I am also playing the waiting game with the next gen ipad or mini having sold my 3rd about 4 months I am already on anxiety trip, and i doubt i can feel the extra burden of a desktop anxiety lol.
     

Share This Page