Selling my iPad Air 2 128gb LTE?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Closingracer, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I'm considering selling my iPad because I'm thinking about getting a Surface pro 4 for school next semester because I want a laptop /tablet with a full desktop OS and doing my notes and etc on my iPad last semester I didn't like using it so I did all my notes on paper. I might very well keep my iPad but at the same time I don't think I need to have a surface pro 4 and an iPad but I'll see later. Just wondering how much I'll get selling this on Craigslist or eBay? It's the gold version and basically in like new condition.

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Why not just go on Craigslist or eBay and see what others are asking for such a device?

3. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68000

I checked Craigslist and there actually isn't any on it when I checked for my model. Perhaps that's why.

4. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Because that makes too much sense

...I sold my 128gb wifi for $400

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I never liked the idea of taking notes on a tablet. I would always use paper and just scan them and have them on my iPad for school. The iPad was super handy as a supplementary device for web browsing and ebooks. Fully understand the want for a tablet with a full desktop class OS though. Considering the pro 4 myself. I would prefer the surface book though, I love the design of the surface book tablet much better, but that will only get 3 hrs of battery without the keyboard :(

But I diverge! Regarding your topic, I think maybe you can probably get around 450-500 for it. There are tremendous deals going around for a new air 2, forcing used ones to go even lower. I couldn't narrow done a search on eBay because many of them seemed fishy...obviously you can put it on for higher and just keep lowering the price week to week until it sells.

6. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68000

The surface book looks nice but way out of my price range and over powered for my needs. I get a 10% discount on the Microsoft store so it comes out to $1008 including sales tax for the cheapest sp4 and the keyboard cover.

As far as eBay goes I usually don't even bother going on there because of A) Fees and B) waiting for a real buyer. I've had a few sales where it took a while because somebody would "buy" it and never actually pay for it so I would have to wait a few days until I could get eBay to cancel the purchase. Thanks though. Amazon is actually offering $500 in trade in credit so might just trade it in and use the gift card to buy a surface there

7. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

You will get as much as what someone is willing to pay. They are a dime a dozen now - so don't expect a windfall.

8. dennysanders macrumors 6502

dennysanders

9. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

I just today sold my iPad Air 2 128GB Space Gray Verizon model on eBay for $555. So after shipping, paypal and eBay fees, I'll clear about $510. The average price I noticed on eBay was $550, for this model.

10. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68000

The keyboard cover and the fact it's an Desktop OS. I have a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad and I don't quite like it. Debating between the surface and a Macbook Air but the 11 inch display from what I've seen isn't the greatest at least compared to the surface display.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

What about the retina MacBook?

12. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68000

I would love to consider it but slightly out of my budget. If I can find one used at the apple store perhaps but haven't checked it yet ( will now). Thing is I have always been a Windows guy so that's a factor though I am open trying out a mac.

13. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Check swappa.com as well. I've had a lot of luck buying and selling there.

14. silverblack, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016

silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Be warned about the SP4:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...postedBefore=&threadType=all&tm=1451658634093

My personal lists of issues (after trying two Surface 3 and one Surface Pro 4 - not a single lemon):
    Screen won't wake after sleep, about every 2nd day on average
    PowerPoint constantly crashing while inking, a few times a day
    SD card unmonting on its own, a couple times a day

By the way, the 4-hour battery will have no chance lasting your school day.

15. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68000

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, if you do get the sp4, I'd try it out for a while before selling the iPad. The Surface is a good laptop, but make sure you are happy with it as a tablet. It's possible you could find that having both the Surface and an iPad makes sense.

17. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

I just can't get myself to like the surface pro 4. If it works for you though that's great. I would rather have a desktop and an iPad. Perfect combo for me

18. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Once you get a Microsoft Surface then I must say...Goodbye Closingracer and I'm disappointed to see Microsoft a winner over Apple.

19. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Not necessarily. Been there, done that. Couldn't stand the constant crashing of the Surfaces. Returned everything and re-purchased my iPP. I'm much happier camper now.

20. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

$555 - 10% selling fee - 3% paypal fee - $10-15 shipping = $470. You are not clearing $510 ;)

21. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

If you put it through the system on eBay, eBay will give you an idea and guideline of what similar items have been selling for to help you get a starting range.

22. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

You're right. I was doing some rough rough math. lol. Since I only paid $450 for it on eBay earlier this year. I'm still happy with that revised price.