Selling My iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iJordz, Jan 17, 2011.

1. iJordz macrumors member

Well, was going to trade my iPad 32GB WiFi to a shop around mine ect, tried a few places they all seem to be going for £300

But my friend wants to buy it for £370 now.

Is it worth selling it now, and keep on saving till £500 odd till iPad 2.0 comes out and buy that version.

2. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

Well given that the retail price of your ipad is $600 and you can get $589 for it I would say go for it! Back in november I sold my 64gig WiFi for $590 on ebay so you got a pretty good deal going for you.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Only you can answer that.

If you're willing to forgo the use of an iPad for 2, maybe 3 months, then yeah sell it.

4. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

I don't know about the 2-3 months. We have seen a flood of ipad 2 rumors and speaking from experience (macbook air... one week before launch the entire front page of macrumors was full of macbook air rumors...) I"d say were looking at a late jan to early feb release.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Seems more likely they'll announce the new iPad sometime in late Feb with an eye towards april.

I've yet to hear anything concrete to suggest that the april release date is moved up to february.

6. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

Bear in mind that any shop is going to low-ball you because they want to add on their markup and still sell at a reasonable price. You may get even more than £370 on eBay, check out some finished auctions.

By all means sell it if you are not going to miss it for (who knows?) up to 3 months. I know I would not want to give up my iPad for that long.

7. ItWasn'tMe macrumors newbie

I just sold my 32GB 3G for £471 ($660) on eBay- I bought it launch day in the UK (£599) so don't think I did too badly. £370 seems fair for a WiFi only

8. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

£128 for 8 months or so iPad "rental" seems pretty good to me! Only £4 per week!

9. ItWasn'tMe macrumors newbie

With the amount I used it until I got my MBA, i'm definitely not complaining!! Just having it for several 9hr flights was worth it alone!

10. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

Sold mine on Sunday via Ebay, (32GB 3G) for £539. Bought it on release day so I'm happy. Still got the wifes ipad to sell at a later date. :):)

11. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i find it hard to believe they'll announce it & not release it within a few weeks, it would totally kill the iPad 1 sales. I think they announce it and release it either same day, or a week or two later, not months.

But anything is possible of course so nothing is out of the question

12. poloponies macrumors 68030

Unlikely that they're going to announce more than a couple of weeks before it's released. You're also looking at March/April for the Xoom and Playbook. Makes it less likely that Apple will give a heads-up on features that far in advance. They'll want to maximize the impact with a contemporaneous release.

13. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Still thinking April is too early, today in the QA session they said:

Q: iPhone and iPad availability and supply/demand balance?
    A: On iPad, we increased dramatically this quarter. This allowed us to expand...added 20 countries during the December quarter, with another 15 coming this month.