selling my iphone and have a question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpucrash0, May 26, 2010.

1. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

I am currently selling my iphone 3gs on ebay and I have a question. so do you think it's a good idea to remove people that have 0 feedback and to block them once they bid on my item? I have Plenty of time on my auction so if I see a 0 feedback I can remove them and block them but is that a good idea? I just don't want to take a chance with people that don't have feedback on ebay because they usually don't pay. I'm asking because I removed someone with 0 feedback just now and his user name is conman "something".... and with a name like conman I don't want to take a chance since I don't trust someone with that user name on ebay.

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I got badly burned selling an iPhone to a 0 feedback buyer. Please don't take the risk. PayPal didn't protect me either.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

Yes, and yes, they are good ideas.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I wish they let the seller decide on the minimum # of feedbacks a buyer needs to have. If it was up to me it would be 10. Their options are pretty useless.

5. cpucrash0 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I wish I could select the number of feedback. 10 sounds about right...

6. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

My eBay > Hoover over ‘Account’ tab > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements > Scroll down to “Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them > Check Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback of X score or lower.

and no more f#cking threads on selling your iphone everyone. :)

7. cpucrash0 thread starter macrumors regular

okay so how can this help me if I don't want people with 0 feedback to bid? you can only select people who have -1 or so... so no you can't select people who have 10 or so feedback to only bid on your item. You sir need to chill out for a minute.

8. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

No sir, you DON'T follow directions very well now do you? I'm chill by the way haha. You're looking at the section that reads "Buyers with a negative feedback score", I said look at the section under "Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them". Try again.

9. cpucrash0 thread starter macrumors regular

You sir have to read..."
    Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them
    Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought of my items in the last 10 days."
    This only applies to people who are currently winning and item and it prevents them from bidding on another item-
    so I'm right you are wrong.... You can not set the amount of feedback for an item like for example I can not set a person with a min. feedback of 10 to be allowed to bid on "1" item. With this option he would have already had a bid on one item and then if he tried to bid on another item he won't be allowed. The example below is from ebay.

"eBaydaisy (feedback score of 7), and johneBay (feedback score of 3), are currently winning or have bought some of your items and are interested in bidding on or buying more.

eBaydaisy (feedback score of 7) is currently winning or has bought 10 of your items in the last 10 days. When eBaydaisy tries to bid on or buy another of your items, she will not be blocked. Although you are blocking buyers who are currently winning or have bought more than 10 of your items in the last 10 days, eBaydaisy has a feedback score of 7, which is higher than the 5 you set as part of the requirement. johneBay (feedback score of 3) is currently winning or has bought 10 of your items in the last 10 days. When johneBay tries to bid on or buy another of your items, he will be blocked. johneBay’s feedback score is 3, which is lower than the 5 you set as part of the block."