selling my iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by baoweezie, Sep 3, 2008.

1. baoweezie macrumors newbie

ok heres the thing, im about to add another line to my att account so i will be eligible for an iphone at the price of the 2 year agreement, i have an extra phone that i could use that hasnt been used yet and is completely new, i looked on ebay to see how much a 3g iphone goes for and i saw a 16g one that went for 700+. so im thinking about getting the 16g for 299 then selling it on ebay for profit, but im confused on the whole contract thing, im not gonna cancel my contract or anything, im gonna use my other phone for that line, but dont you have to sign up for a special iphone contract or something? or is it just the unlimited data plan? and if it is just the unlimited data plan, i can just cancel it after the first month right? so is it safe to sell the iphone without breaking any contracts or anything?

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

If you sell/break/misplace your iPhone, you can remove the data plan without any problems.

3. sime0n macrumors newbie

I am also thinking about doing this as my family is signing up for a new at&t contract. Is the margin on the 16GB much greater than the 8GB?

4. baoweezie thread starter macrumors newbie

i think 8 g sells for around 500 and 18 g sells around 700+

5. LoveMyRedSox macrumors member

Yikes........I was thinking of getting one. We currently have Verizon now, but my husband wanted an extra line anyway.

But I hate to go all the way to the store with all the high pressure w/o seeing some numbers first. I know the 8GB is around $199.00 according to the website. But I want to know how much the plans are and. And what kind of coverage we would get.

6. baoweezie thread starter macrumors newbie

woops i meant 16 g lol, you sign up for a regular phone plan plus a unlimited data plan for $30 a month, and you have to have the data plan in order to use the iphone for att, i think that they raised the monthly fee for the data plan in order to make up the money that they were losing in order to make the iphone the low price of 199, lowering the cost of the phone a couple hundred wouldnt matter cause in a year you will pay around 360 just for the data plan that you need to use the iphone and im sure apple gets a cut out of that to make up for its loss