Selling my iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kk1ro, Mar 27, 2009.

1. kk1ro macrumors regular

I'm pretty interested in the iPod2,2 and iPod3,1 that popped up in the 3.0 beta.
    I bought a Touch 2G last November but I plan on selling it (probably mid-August) and upgrading to a Touch 3rd Gen if the hardware improvements are significant.

But I have some questions:

1) In order to sell it, I need to restore my iPod. After the new owner connects it to his PC/Mac, will he be able to see any of my info or will it be a completely erased iPod?

2) I have firmware 2.2.1 and plan on buying 3.0 when it comes out. Does the new user have to buy the 3.0 firmware again or will it be installed already (after restoring)?

3) Will all my apps sync to the new iPod I plan on buying without any problems or additional costs?

Thanks!

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

1) If you do a complete restore and set it up as a new iPod, then you should be fine. Once you have done this hold down home and sleep until the apple logo appears then let go of sleep. an iTunes logo and sync cable symbol should appear. This means that the only way the new person can use it is as a new iPod.

2) In all likelyhood the new iPod touch will have the 3.0 software on it already so you won't have to buy it or restore it

3) Apps should sync fine to it. they're linked to your Apple account not your iPod.

Hope this helps!

~Dray

3. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I would sell it now other wise it wont be worth as much.

4. kk1ro thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for your help :)