Selling my Macbook, am keeping HD... So I'm completely safe right?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HappyDude20, Aug 14, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm getting rid of my original white macbook late 06 model.

However the hard drive is coming with me. This HD will just go into my new Macbook.

So i'm completely safe from anyone gaining any personal info from me right? I feel this is an obviously duh, but figured I'd just ask.

Like, completely safe from anyone ever getting any file or info of me..

..lol.

Thanks!

2. lhlee96 macrumors member

lhlee96

Yep, as long as you delete your user account (as a precaution), and take your HD, no one will be able to access your information.

It sounds a little wrong to sell a MacBook with no HD, are you going to put the HD of the new MacBook you're buying into the old one?

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Well, actually i'll be selling the Macbook with its original 80GB HD, while the one i'm taking out to use on my new Macbook Pro is a 500GB one I bought online a while back.

I'll go ahead and delete my user account just for extra security i guess, thanks!

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

The only info that may be accessible will be on the 80 GB original drive you will be putting back in. So make certain there is no info on that drive after you put it back in and all will be good. You do not need to do anything to the 500 GB drive you are keeping.