Selling my macbook... But how should i prepare to sell it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 12991, May 19, 2007.

1. 12991 macrumors member

So im selling my macbook, im trying to use computers less, and id rather have some money.

But what should i do before i sell it?? I have lots of stuff on it, should i just transfer my i need on my other computer and just clear cache and cookies in firefox and delete my emails? But what about the registration info? how do i do this all? What else do i need to do?

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Maybe wipe the whole drive and do a reinstall and put the username as Owner put the time and date in, thats what I would do.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

good job on trying to reduce computer usage! i would just reinstall all the original stuff via the restore discs and call it good. all software include the the cds and sn's as well

4. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Yeah, it's best to write down the disk to zeros with security software which will make it unrecoverable down to DOD standards (7 random passes). Unfortunately I think all the OS X applications that do this cost money...

5. Dr. Rengers macrumors member

Yeah, overwriting the HD with zeros is a good idea. And it's free! Just check out Disk Utility, that will do it for you. Then put in the OS X install dvd and after it booted, force-quit the computer. It will be as new!

6. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Oh come on...be a champ use the Disk Utility to do a 35-time pass its great fun if you have a week to kill.:D

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t