Selling my*MacBook for an iPad???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ZenithP, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ZenithP macrumors newbie

So yeah... I've been thinking of selling my base early 2008 MacBook and using that money for an iPad.

I like the portability of the iPad, and since I got my iMac, I only use my MacBook for web browsing, and nothing more.

I've been wanting to buy an iPad for quite a while, so wondering if this is a good idea. Simple web browsing, an e-reader, and some apps. Fore more intensive things I'll just use my iMac. Thing is, some of the keys don't work, and it has some wear and tear, so not sure how much I could get for it.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I crazy? Let me know :3

2. roberthodgson macrumors regular

For what you want to do the IPad will work Great I use my iPad 85% of the time over my IMac.

Get the 3G version (ATT&T) even if you do not activate a 3G account right away it's great have when you travel or for Business use

3. ZenithP thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking of getting the 3G version... I could lower the data plan on my iphone and just pay 15 bucks for the ipad a month.

Do you know how much I could probably get for my MacBook? Even with the problems?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

A Sensible Choice

The iPad is a logical choice for you....Browsing, email etc. no problem at all.

5. kaydot macrumors regular

If all you want is websurfing, today's Woot has a Motorola Xoom for $349... which is $200 less than the equivalent refurb iPad2!

As a websurfing machine, it'll meet all your needs.

6. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not a bad idea at all, if anything I'd say the web experience is better on an iPad than on any pre multi-touch MacBook. I have a late 2007 MacBook and would rather use my iPad for web browsing.

7. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not a bad idea at all, if anything I'd say the web experience is better on an iPad than on any pre multi-touch MacBook. I have a late 2007 MacBook and would rather use my iPad for web browsing.

8. ZenithP thread starter macrumors newbie

So... I got an iPad today lol. I'm using it to write this right now. I gotta say, I love it! I just dislike that some of my iPhone apps look crappy since they don't have an iPad version (like the Wikipedia app... One of my favorite ones...).

I have a question though... What happened to all the magazine apps or whatever. I remember reading something about it here, but didn't pay much attention... I wanted to get GQ and newsweek...