Selling my macbook, getting and iMac, or should i wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by henrikrox, Apr 21, 2010.

  1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

    henrikrox

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    #1
    I made a thread already saying i wanted to get the mac mini and get the upcoming cinema display. But i thought to myself why shouldnt i just get the imac.

    I feel the macbook late 2009 is getting a bit sluggish for my use, photo editing and so on. And im encoding alot of movies, which takes up to one hour etc on my macbook.

    Also i got the ipad, so i only use my macbook for syncing photos, and other stuff to the ipad.

    The thing is though, im going away 1 month in the summer for vacation. And its not actually like i desperatly need it right now. So im thinking about waiting.

    Allthough i have no idea what the next update could bring. probably something minor i guess, but im hoping quad core for all 27" as standard, or lower prices. but i guess im dreaming.

    If you were in my shoes, what would u do?
     
  2. henrikrox thread starter macrumors 65816

    henrikrox

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    #3
    Thx for a useless post.

    Im discussing what you guys think the update might bring to the imac. Also the buyers guide is just a pointer, look at mac pros.

    if its something minor i could just get it now
     
  3. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #4
    You're welcome.

    So you haven't looked at any of the other threads discussing the upcoming iMac expectations?


    I only showed you the guide to answer your thread title question.

    But what the hell.
     
  4. alanwong macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    Location:
    Sydney
    #5
    Beware the yellow tinge!

    You should be aware that there's a (high?) risk of getting a screen with a yellow tinge if you go the iMac route...
     
  5. aneftp macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2007
    #6
    My 27 core i7 screen is great. And I had a week 51 iMac. There were some issues but that's all been resolved now.

    As for "updates" They are going to be very minor. I still think they will use the core 2 duo in the 21.5 inches with their base model.
     
  6. unixfool macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2006
    Location:
    Northern VA
    #7
    There are absolutely TONS of posts like this already. You should search and read through them instead of adding another. Also, no matter who answers you, the answers you receive will only be speculation, unless SJ actually posts. But really, if you don't know the answer to your questions (only you can decide what's best for you...wait or purchase...the answer will be based on common sense) but haven't read through the forums, you deserve no answer, IMO.
     

Share This Page