Selling my MacBook Pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spiffers, Sep 2, 2016.

1. spiffers Suspended

In advent of the new MacBook Pro's, I wanted to get rid of a couple of Macs I have around. Sold my iMac 27", a MacBook Pro 15" and also a MacBook Pro 13" I got from someone for free.

I put out an advertisement on a classifieds site for the 13", and got a really nice message from a woman that wanted to get the Mac for her son. After some messages to and fro, we agreed on $1.000,00. She had to pay through PayPal.

Short time later, I got a lot of emails from service@paypal.com, telling me the a payment was made, and also a new message from the buyer with the name and address for her son, somewhere in Africa. I told her that it was okay, but I wanted to have confirmation that the amount was on my PayPal account.

Since I clearly did not understand how PayPal works, she was so kind to explain me I had to pay a shipping fee on some site, and then provide the recipe for the payment to PayPal, and the money would be released so I got it on my account.

The payment page for the shipment was pretty nice, as long as you do not care about spelling. So now Ill just wait for further instructions. I have already packed up my MacBook Air Pro!

Got a couple of pics to share with you while I wait for my money.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. killawat macrumors 65816

Return of the p-p-p-PowerBook. Make sure you get someone over there to record them opening the box lol

3. jerryk macrumors 68040

4. Barry01 macrumors newbie

Sounds strange. Don't use her shipper. ALWAYS use your shipper. Those who want to use their own shipper are usually scammers.

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

sorry delete post - I wasn't able to view pictures. LOL great OP

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Every time I sell on Craig's List I get a slew of offer like this. I had a friend who was not so smart and clicked on the PayPal URL that came and that caused his PayPal account to also get scammed.

Got to be wary these days.

7. nStyle macrumors 65816

8. spiffers thread starter Suspended

Naah, I just felt the urge to scam the scammer. I have sent the box, with way to little postage paid, with no return address, meaning the person has to pay the postage when picking it up. And since its in a MacBook box, I really hope they are curious enough to get it and unbox it. I added some bricks for weight, and set the value to $2000 USD, so I hope they also have to pay taxes for it.