Selling my MBP 15" MC118LL/A, need your advise please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Becko, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Becko macrumors member

Hello, I bought my MBP on January the 11th 2010, on Best Buy for $1699. Two days after the purchase I checked on the web this "MBP new processor is about to come out" topics... and since I'm about to study 3D Animation I felt cheated in buying something that obviously will get outdated not because new features but, a whole new processor is a full update IMO.

So straight to the point, I have a customer who is offering me $1500 for my MBP... would that be good/reasonable price to sell a MBP 15" model MC118LL/A almost brand new ??

Thanks

2. tclamp07 macrumors member

I would say that is pretty fair considering if you had returned it to best buy they would have charged you a 15% restocking fee which would be around $250. While no one knows when the updated macbook pros will come, you would be alot better off selling it now compared to trying to sell it after new ones are announced. If I were you I would take the $1500.

3. Becko thread starter macrumors member

Got my $1500 today !! ...hope the new MBP will arrive soon, I'll certainly buy another MBP 15". My big question at that time will be i5 or i7 model ? I guess there will be no i7 model for $2000 ?