Selling my MBP, am i asking enough?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by candamo, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candamo macrumors newbie

Hello people, ive had my 15" 2.8GHz MBP for about a year and 2 months, its a Late 2008 which comes with a 320gb HD 4gb ram and the small battery.
    It has a few war wounds. First and most noticeable a bent display corner which happened by an accidental drop from my bed (40cm high) to a wooden floor. Also it has a scratch on the back and another small bend in the express port and finally a missing screw on the back.

Im selling it for 1600$, it cost me about 2500$+tax if i remember correctly, bought it as a refurbished computer on the online apple store. It also has Apple Care until April 2012.

what do you think about the price.

btw, im picking up a 13" 2.4GHz MBP this summer with that money :)

cheers

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yep. 200USD more and one can have a better, undamaged model from Apple, or if one is clever one can have one new and undamaged and i5 model for the price you're asking.
    Look here: http://www.mac2sell.net/permalink/?id=1df8d3f40443bc04c02c4f6e4cd0b9f3

Selling outside the Marketplace
    All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum, which is accessible only to qualified members and subject to additional rules; see the Marketplace Rules for details. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads elsewhere for such purposes.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems

Eligibility.
    To use the Marketplace forum (read threads, start threads, or post replies), you must be a forum member with user title 6502 or above, which means that you have 250 or more posts as displayed in your User Profile. This gives other members a chance to become familiar with you. To see your User Profile, click Quick Links -> My Profile at the top of a forum page. You must also have been a member for at least 180 days.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#General_Rules

3. candamo thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for the misplaced thread but i think its irrelevant as i am from Peru and the marketplace forum does not work for me at all.
    Also i already got a buyer, im not trying to promote the sale or anything like that.

thanks for the quick reply spinnerlys :)

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

$1600 for your beat up MBP
    You must be glad you found a sucker already

5. louis0nfire macrumors 6502

$1600!? You are one lucky guy.

I'm selling my 13" MBP from last year (2.26 Core 2 Duo, 2gb, 250gb) for $800. And believe me, it looks like I just took it out of the box, because I had film covering the palm rest and keyboard.

Is $800 too low? The same model refurb on apple.com is $930.

Sorry to hijack the thread lol

6. candamo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well Macs here are about 20% more than they are in the US and getting one for a fair price is kind of hard since you gotta get someone to bring it to you or bring it yourself.

I wouldnt even in a dream pay what the guy is paying me for my computer, but since its not my money im not complaining.

Thanks for the replys guys.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.