Price Advice Selling my MBP - is my price reasonable/fair?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Misskitty, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Misskitty macrumors 6502

Mid 2011 core i5
    13" non retina
    8gb
    160GB SSD
    10/10 condition, not a single imperfection anywhere.
    13" zip up sleeve
    MS Office 2011 suite
    Box

$700firm Im asking. Hope thats reasonable cause i would like to move it asap.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

3. Misskitty, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014

Misskitty thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I checked out that mactosell site and wow it says $890 lol. Must be incorrect since ive been browsing local ads and I see people selling 2013 13" retinas with SSD and 8gb for only $1100-1200 lol.

4. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

i doubt anyone would pay 890 for that,

looking at apples refurb prices can help , but remember thats not a great gauge as apple refurbs come with warranty with the option to add applecare.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's why I said to check several sites that I listed, not just one. You get a better idea by finding the average pricing between the various sources.

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Those sites often don't reflect reality, and I don't know how they collect their data. These things may be worth more in countries where the retail cost of a macbook pro is higher. Those ads at $1100-1200 are also asking too much. You can buy a refurbished unit late 2013 unit with full warranty, 256GB ssd, and 8GB for $1190 from Apple. I would prefer that over a random seller and anything used. I have needed to replace batteries and chargers in the past, so buying direct does offer some potential savings.

7. reundo macrumors member

Seems like a decent price to me. I sold a base model 2011 13" MBA (with the box, but no software) for 675 over the summer on craigslist. It did have a month left on the apple care warranty.