Selling My One Remaining Windows PC For A PowerBook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Goftrey, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I've just bunged my little PC workhorse Dell Latitude D505, everything is maxed out on it. It's been real good but I'm now selling that to buy a PowerBook G4, it'll definitely be either the 1ghz or the 1.33ghz, an it doesn't matter what RAM it has in it 'cause I've got loads at home. So yeah, I've now completely moved to Mac! Just wanted to let you guys know about the good news :) :apple:

2. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Go for a 1.67GHz Aluminum PowerBook if you want performance close to your Dell.

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I've got a few PowerBooks, and I must recommend either a 1.5 or 1.67GHz CPU over anything slower. You'll be kicking yourself if you settle for anything less, especially a 1GHz model. I just watched a 1.67GHz 15" sell on eBay yesterday for $135 in great working condition. Don't try and save a few bucks here, treat yourself to a late model.

4. bigeasy_uk macrumors 6502

I agree with the previous comment, make sure you go for a later model, even if it means saving up for a bit longer, you'll be much happier in the long run.
    Try to get a 12" 1.5ghz or 15/17" 1.67 model as they have the scrolling trackpads that weren't on the earlier models. What is your budget? I'm in the UK too, I'll keep an eye out for you.

5. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Do look on Gumtree as well as eBay, you can find some amazing deals some times. Unfortunately I was a couple of hours too late to pick up a 1.5GHz/1GB 15" PB for £80 one time, haven't seen anything as good as that since though.

6. Goftrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Yeah, maybe I will treat myself in this case :p

----------

I do look regularly on Gumtree but there doesn't seem to be much of anything in my area (Cardiff to Bridgend) and Amazon's sellers seem to sell their's for ridiculous prices...

7. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Oh, and if you are looking at the 1.5GHz (from the 1.33/1.5GHz release) you might as well try to get the ones with 128MB Video cards. Some non-bto came with just 64MB cards.