Selling my Pc and buying a Macbook pro 2.66

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Babba, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Babba macrumors member

Hi there, I'm planning to buy a mbp 2.66 on monday. Right now, my pc is better than mbp 2.66 :)) but a lot cheaper than mbp. So i'll sell it and add some money, and buy mbp. Is this a good idea :( ?
    I only use computer for graphic design. i don't play any games. Would mbp would suit for graphics design and 3d animation?.. Cause i used an iMac 24" 2.8 and i really didn't like it. But i loooooove the way mbp looks :p so slick.

By the way, last time i checked, older mbp's always had some problems. Heat problems or graphics card problems. What's up with this new model? any problems? Thank you

2. jeremybuff macrumors regular

I have the UMBP 2.66, 4GB RAM, 320GB @7200RPM and it's amazing. As a graphic designer, I have never experienced a problem. The entire Adobe CS suit works fine, animation software also works great. It'll be more than enough for you.

The percentage of people experiencing problems with the new unibodies is ultra low. Don't let the forms persuade you or make you think they are bad; most people only post when they have an issue.

No problems, the system stays very cool, graphics cards are solid... it's great. Go ahead and buy one, you won't regret it.

3. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

maybe we can help you more if you tell what programs you use...
    I think if you don't game a macbook pro will get you more satisfaction than any pc..the construction is awesome,and the hardware can be more than enough (at least I think so)..
    I am thinking doing the same..selling my dv9500 and get a macbook pro :)

4. Babba thread starter macrumors member

i use illustrator, photoshop, after effects and cinema 4d :p

i can't upgrade the hdd to 7200 rpm. upgrade is not available in my country :p so i need to work with 5400 :p

5. jeremybuff macrumors regular

You'll be more than fine with the computer. The 5400 is not bad, but if you want, check newegg.com or a similar website to see if you can purchase an upgrade.

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

here is a poll showing that your chances of getting a MBP that works right away are very good. and remember that this poll is probably biased because the majority of ppl that dont have problems with their computers dont visit forums.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=674002

7. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

My UMBP replaced a Vista machine with the same config. 2.66, 4GB RAM, 320GB @7200RPM. While I love this MBP and will never go back to Windows, I noticed that the Vista machine was faster, in some ways, (like opening programs) and slower in others. (like saving files) I'm sure its just a difference in the OS.

What didn't you like about the imac? If its the OS I guess you could always just run Windows on it, but I wouldn't recommend it.