Selling my Pro for Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ShaneBunting, Sep 8, 2013.

1. ShaneBunting Suspended

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

I have successfully sold a Macbook Air on eBay so here is my opinion:

• I think the detailed description is clustered. I think you need to organise the information into a series of bullet points.
    • Some of the information like 'the unibody is great' is unnecessary. I'm sure they would have an idea of what they're trying to buy.
    • You mention battery life is great, try including a time. Also include battery cycles, as some buyers will pm you about this.
    • You should've included P&P within the price. This makes the purchase more enticing. (Ever found something you want and saw the P&P and reconsider?)
    • You didn't mention AppleCare, if it's really purchased in December 2012, then it should have a few months left. This can help boost a sale opportunity.
    • I wouldn't say it's very high performance, it's just better then the base with added ram modules and SSD.
    • You don't really need to mention that you're looking to buy an Air.
    I think your pricing is a bit off, even with the added upgrades. This is the price from Play.com new including 12 months AppleCare: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/33207...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

3. ShaneBunting thread starter Suspended

Thanks for those tips. I've spaced out my text and will continue to make more amendments.

The price is now £900, INCLUDING P&P.

I've decided to buy an 11" for college travelling.

Do you think it's improved much?

4. AXs macrumors 6502a

AXs

If I were you I would sell your Pro as it was out of the box. Products really lose their value once customized.

Sure it has faster RAM now, additional storage, and optical drive removed?
    All 3rd party products though. It would be better to sell it the way Apple sold it to you.

You'd be better off taking out these custom parts and selling them individually, where you are likely to get more value. Or, keep it for later.

Sure there are exceptions - if you find a tech savy guy with this kind of need. But usually people want an apple laptop the way apple made it.

Plus, seems like Amazon.UK is selling used 2012 Pros for 700pounds. Should give it a look.

Good luck, and I hope you end up getting what you want for it.

PS: Damn, mac prices are really inflated in the UK

5. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

A lot better. ^^ I'm using a 11" right now, but buying a retina 13" to accompany this Air since this will be used for travelling, whilst the retina will be for work purposes. See if you can also get the higher education discount to save a few pounds. Also, selling it original might also be an idea, but you might not have much uses for the components. Throw any cases in for free, if you feel generous.