Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
I should have gone for the S2 in the first place. I need the swim functions. I've got about 22 hours left on my eBay auction. I didn't set a reserve and it looks like someone is going to walk away with a steal haha.

Anyway, on to my question. I will be able to use my S1 back up on the new S2, correct? I can do a new setup, but it would be nice if I can use that backup. I'm just not sure if they are interchangeable between Series 1 and 2. Thank you!

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

hourglass111

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Ohio Valley
I went from the first generation Watch (pre Series 1!) to Series 2 recently and it was well worth it.

From what I recall when setting up my new S2, the old-model backup was indeed an option. I decided to start from scratch though, as there isn’t too much to lose or to set up again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier317

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Yes, your backup will work fine whether you are going from a S0 or S1 to a S2 or vice versa. Just don't forget to Unpair your S1 from your iPhone first so that you have a fresh backup to restore from on your new watch.

Reactions: Hoosier317

Hoosier317

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Thank you everyone!
[doublepost=1498196710][/doublepost]
One note of caution: if your new S2 is Nike watch then don't restore from backup. You'll lose Nike watch face.
Thanks. I am considering the Nike one. It's the same price and I can't think of any reason not to get it over the standard S2.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
I went from the first generation Watch (pre Series 1!) to Series 2 recently and it was well worth it.

From what I recall when setting up my new S2, the old-model backup was indeed an option. I decided to start from scratch though, as there isn’t too much to lose or to set up again.
Thanks!

JSPerry

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2010
Maine
How did your eBay auction fare? Any last minute bidding to make your take better?
Enjoy your new S2!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.