Selling old Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Osubuck37, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Osubuck37 macrumors newbie

I currently have the 2008 unibody Macbook 2008 running Snow Leopard that I want to sell. However, I lost the install disk.

Is there any way to rproperly sell this computer without having the install disk?

And if I have to buy a new disk, should I just rebuy the Snow Leopard, or get something else?

This computer is 2ghz intel core duo with 4gb of ram.

Thanks in advance!!

2. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

You have two options really. If you want to do a clean install of the operating system in this case Snow Leopard but, you will have to acquire an install disc somehow. Or you can get OS X Yosemite and make a bootable USB drive and use that to do a clean install and install OS X Yosemite in the process.

3. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

That's the easiest and quickest way.

4. Osubuck37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses. I wish I wasn't so computer illiterate because that process seems rather tricky.

5. JTToft macrumors 68040

- It's quite easy actually. Just download Yosemite from the Mac App Store and then use DiskMaker X to create your installation disk on a USB pen drive or an SD card. It'll do everything for you automatically with a few mouse clicks.

6. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

No it is not tricky.
    Here are the instructions directly from Apple https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

7. Joelburman macrumors regular

Joelburman

I'd actually go for Mavericks instead of Yosemite if possible on such older MB.

8. diane143 macrumors 6502a

I have a 2008 unibody and I loved Snow Leopard on it. When I get a new MBP, I'm going to wipe the unibody and reinstall with SL