Selling on Amazon question?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maril1111, Jul 9, 2010.

1. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Is it possible to sell Electronics on Amazon UK or Germany even if you don't live in that country?
    However you live in Denmark or any other EU country?

Is there anything I should look out for when selling on Amazon?

I find Ebay a bit too much of a hassle and Amazon seems more straightforward!

Cheers,

Maril

2. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I wasnt aware any random joe could sell on amazon..

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

It's only been a few hours, and it's getting pretty late in Europe--be patient.

I live in the US, so I have no idea about cross-country listings (maybe nobody else does, either--entirely possible nobody here does that). As for general stuff, Amazon usually works well for "commodity" items (say, used DVDs), while big-ticket things like computers where condition and specific specification can have a big effect on price usually are better suited to an auction site.

I've personally not had any significant problems selling DVDs and similar stuff through Amazon--just be sure to accurately describe the thing you're selling in the notes, select the correct condition from the drop down, and (as with most stuff like this) ALWAYS use a shipping method with some sort of proof-of-delivery, in case you get complaints.

The only issue I ever had was shipping an item from the US to a military base in the Middle East, but that turned out to just be because the mail took a REALLY long time to get the item there--no fault of Amazon's, nor the system.

Edit:
    Sure, and it's easier than eBay--that's what the little "Sell Yours Here" button on any item is for. A lot of the people in the "Used" subsection of an item are large businesses, but it's easy enough for an individual to list there. You list it, pick a price, somebody buys it, Amazon sends you a notice of where to ship, if nobody complains within a set period of time, they deposit the cost and shipping minus their (relatively large, compared to eBay) fee in your account. No PayPal crap (Amazon handles the transaction like any other purchase), no eBay shenanigans, no particular time limit, and if it doesn't sell you pay nothing.

4. maril1111 thread starter macrumors 68000

maril1111

Makosuke thanks for the answer I live in Denmark which is y i was wondering if it's possible to do so or do I have to notify amazon in order to be able to send or can I just simply go ahead and put the item onto the site?

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Again, I have no idea since I've only dealt with selling via the US, and buying in the US and JP, but since you have to have an account with Amazon to list an item for sale, and I'm pretty sure said account requires your address, you could probably just try listing an item and seeing if it will let you.

Presumably if your country isn't allowed to list for sale in the country in question, it won't let you. (Though actually, based on the way the system works--it keeps track of stock--I'd kind of expect it to automatically list it in all the appropriate versions of Amazon, but then I don't know how close the various EU Amazon versions are with each other.)