Selling on eBay Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by engelke2010, Sep 20, 2014.

1. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I've listed my 5 to sell on eBay. For those who have done this before, what did you do to get your listing noticed and at least one bid placed? I thought I had someone I knew who wanted to buy the phone but haven't heard anything from him since Friday morning and I really want to sell the phone.

2. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

Maybe you should double check with your friend if he wants to buy it first?

3. libu macrumors member

libu

Make it limited time, 3 days. Pay for the highlighted option so listing sticks out, think it's a dollar or so.

Price it well, lower or equal to the prices quoted for similar phones listed in same condition.

Make it "Buy It Now".

4. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

Post a lot of good quality pictures of the phone. It helps having the box and if you still have the accessories as new. Even better if the phone is still under a applecare+. Great feedback as a seller is a plus.

I have sold all of my past Iphones on eBay with great success.

The killer is the eBay fees I believe it is 10% so get with your friend again if you can.

5. pdxmatts, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

Make sure you have Buy it now with immediate payment checked. That way you get paid for it. Do not do auction style or you risk non-payment or 3 days to pay. Make sure you factor in 10% eBay fees and 3% Paypal fee, plus the cost to ship Priority mail (insurance is up to you and Signature is required on anything over $250) Or, you can skip all that and trade it in for $200 with the carrier if you bought an i6 until 9/30/14. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB423434#fbid=lGPavGA1ZtH Good luck

6. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I'd advise against using eBay/Paypal

1) WAYYYY TO DANGEROUS. Scammers have a lot of tricks from sending money from bad bank accounts that somehow clear into your account, to returning a different phone back and claiming you sent them a bad product, to just shipping back rocks AND PAYPAL SIDES 99% WITH BUYER NO MATER WHAT.

2) Fees eat too much profit.

Please use craigslist for iPhone sales. I sold 4 iPhones in the last 24hr on craigslist for almost 1200 USD.