Selling on EBAY? Should I jailbrake Iphone 3G before

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djdsas, Jun 21, 2009.

  1. djdsas macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #1
    Calling for opinions and advice if I should jailbrake and unlock(waiting for ultrasnow release!) before I put my 16gig black Iphone 3G for sale on EBAY.

    I was jailbroken before upgrading to 3.0, so I know how to use both
    quickpwn(now redsnow?) and pwnage tool, so I am comfortable using
    those tools.

    Just wondering if I should just put it up for sale with the stock 3.0 firmware
    or wait for ultrasnow. Does it affect the sale price enough to make it worth waiting.

    Also, Is any waiting to sell their 3G because it seems ebay if full of
    3G's from 3G S upgraders....

    Thanks for the advice opinions.
     
  2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #2
    I would list it as unlockable and jailbreakable and allow the buyer to choose for his/herself. That way you are completely flexible and are an option for users who want a fresh phone that hasn't been messed with as well as the users who dont want to unlock/jailbreak on their own.
     
  3. greenday123 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2005
    Location:
    NJ
    #3
    I think the phone will sell for more unlocked, unlocked phones always sell more than the same phone locked, so i would say go for it, especially for people who want the phone unlocked, and dont wanna go through the trouble of doing it, simply put in your auction, "If you don't want the phone jailbroken or unlocked, please let me know, I will restore it to factory settings"
     
  4. kcgunner macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    #4
    There are so many 3G's on eBay right now it's sick. I first put my 3G up on last Tuesday for 3 days and I got one bid of 199 for it. I also looked at www.cashforiphones.com and they were only offering 160 for my phone! For that much I'll keep it as a back up.

    I relisted it last night. I did a bunch of searches and it's typically adding about 25-50 bucks to the phone's price. But unlocked phones with 2.2.1 are about 100 bucks more on there. I would wait, I'm still considering taking mine down until ultrasnow is released. I gotta get at least 250 for my 3G.
     

Share This Page