Selling on eBay..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by heyyitssusan, Feb 9, 2016.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I'm thinking about selling some of my things on eBay for the first time, so those who have experience with it, what tips do you have?

I've been hesitant this whole time because yes I do want to sell somet of my stuff, but the thought of putting my personal address on the shipping label and shipping it to a lot of strangers doesn't sit too well with me. How have you guys gotten used to that? I know it sounds a little silly, but in this world you just never know.

Also, how do I mail it the cheapest way? If I were to offer someone free shipping, and I would have to pay when I ship it to someone, how do I make money from that? Just curious on what to do there.

If you guys have any useful tips, feel free to share. I'm a noob at this and I just want to know how it all works. :)

2. macuser27 macrumors regular

macuser27

Just make sure anything you sell is posted with a tracked delivery method , a lot of item not received cases popping up as of late and it's not only noobs doing it , oldtimers are also onto the trend

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

It sounds like you have already made up your mind.

I have been buying and selling on ebay for 11 years now. 700 transactions and never a single issue as a buyer or a seller. I'd rather sell on ebay than craigslist.

4. macuser27 macrumors regular

macuser27

There has been a lot of crap on eBay lately , I have over 40000 sales on there as a business member but lately you do see a lot of it which makes it hard to make a profit from certain items due to needing to post tracked

5. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

I sell stuff on eBay all the time, including some of my past laptops and tech devices, and haven't had many problems, but a few times I realized someone had "bought" my item with no intent to pay, so I had to "open a case" and get the ad reset (obviously I never shipped the item out). Just be sure never to ship out something until you've received payment, disable international shipping (foreign scams will try and get at you) and ignore users who have a low rating trying to buy an expensive item--chances are they're not going to pay.