Price Advice Selling one of my MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LostParadox, Feb 19, 2012.

1. LostParadox, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012

LostParadox macrumors member

i have two early 2011 MBP's one i received through my school and the other i bought out right from apple. I just graduated and was trilled to find out that i could keep my 17inch MBP. So i have a 15inch that i'm looking to part with because once again as a college student extra cash is always great. What do you guys think i could sell it for?

Specs are

Core i7 2.0ghz
    8gb ram 1333ghz
    ATI 6490m
    500gb HD
    glossy screen

And it comes with a hard shell case from the apple store. Black in color.

Reminder from the moderators: This thread is for price advice. You can ask for or offer advice on pricing but you may not offer to buy, sell, or trade in this thread or any other thread in the Buying Tips and Advice forum. *All buying/selling/trading threads must be in the Marketplace forum, which is open only to established members. *See the Rules for the Buying Tips and Advice forum and the Marketplace Rules. *Thank you!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

You can't offer it for sale here.

3. ThunderSnake macrumors 6502

Apple is currently selling this on their refurb page for $1359. With the upgraded ram, I think $1200 would be a fair asking price. Check eBay's recently ended auctions to see what folks are actually paying for them.

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

My God, what school gives a student a 17" MacBook Pro as a gift?!

5. LostParadox thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice. And yea my jaw dropped when i was told i could keep it. Also sorry to the mod's, i will check out the links you have provided