Selling phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superproducer, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Superproducer macrumors newbie

i'm selling my 3g and have someone lined up to buy it next week. I know the new iphone uses the micro sim card so there's no need to pull mine. Do I just set it back to factory settings or what do I need to do before handing it over to the owner? Thanks

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

You should remove your sim card regardless, but yes a clean reset is a good.

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Yeah, don't leave your SIM card in the phone. It is tied to your account.

Even if you wipe the data from the phone, the SIM card will still make calls on your account.

If you really want to give the seller the SIM card, take it to an AT&T store and ask them to wipe the SIM card itself.

4. erzeszut macrumors regular

The phone will no longer make calls on your account once you've activated the new phone, and transferred your number over.

I didn't take the SIM out of my iPhone or iPhone 3G when I sold them, and I won't pull it from the 3GS when I sell it either.

But if you're selling the old one before you have the new one, then yeah, pull the SIM.

5. Superproducer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I usually give my old phone to my kids to play with, but not this time. I'll hold onto it until I pick up the new one.
    Thanks