Selling PowerMac G4, Parts or Whole?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AJKing, Jan 29, 2010.

1. AJKing macrumors member

Jan 24, 2008
    I've got an old PowerMac MDD - Dual 867MHz PowerPC G4, 1.75 GB DDR SDRAM with 120 GB Hard-Drive space (2 original drives, 3rd is a 40GB WD Caviar). It also has the original Philips CD reader/writer (and DVD reader) with an additional fully capable Samsung CD/DVD reader/writer. The original NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32mb graphic card is in it as well. I've got the original 15'' Apple Studio Display with it as well, which still works great.

Would I be better off selling this piece by piece or should I throw the whole thing up on eBay? Anyone have any idea how much I might get for either?

Thanks in advance!:apple:

PS. wear and tear is minor to moderate
  2. BlasphemyCool macrumors newbie

Jan 27, 2010
    Either way, you won't get much for it. You're better off just selling the thing whole; less hassle and you will receive more cash.

I have a Macbook (black) bought in 2008 that I can barely sell for $300. Even then, it's questionable. With the release of the unibodies, nobody wants the old versions.
  3. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Feb 1, 2008
    Santa Cruz Mountains, California
    You might want to sell the monitor separately. For the rest, just sell it as a piece and be done with it. The other poster is right, it won't fetch much these days.