Selling quiet shutter iPhone 5c in japan...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aalz-7, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Aalz-7 macrumors newbie

When I came to japan, I was shocked to realize that shutter sound was mandatory for all iPhones. This piqued my curiosity, just how much could I sell my unlocked canadian 5c iPhone here? It works perfectly (I am currently using a cut sim card from soft bank LOL). Thanks!!

2. Sumter macrumors regular

Sumter

Just chipping in to mention that it's the same in Korea, it's because they don't want creeps taking private pictures without the other party knowing in places like the metro. I see that they usually don't bother with stock camera apps and use the third party apps that doesn't make a sound for android users, not sure about iPhone users as about 90% of the Korean population has androids. I did briefly thought about selling a silent shutter iPhone too. I just got lazy and decided against it.

3. Aalz-7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting. I heard about the creeps on the subway, and that was a surprise to me as it seemed that the japanese locals were much more cultured and respectful. In japan, the girls wear short skirts even in the colder months, so I guess that might have something to do with it.

4. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

5. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Im sure there's a Jb tweak for that.

Pangu had the option to turn that "feature" off